Hi Everyone! Ever have a card that you just can’t get right? That’s what happened with this card and why my Sketch challenge is going up today and didn’t make it up on Monday. It took me 6 tries to get this right and I probably could have done on more redo!
I absolutely love this sketch and can’t believe how long it took me to get it right! I thought it might be fun to share with you all the tries I went through to get this card done.
- I didn’t like the shape I cut on my Scan N cut and had picked a size that was too small and decided I wanted to just go with an oval like in the sketch.
- I stuck the white oval to the brown oval before I stamped and then forgot to mask off my little piggy before stamping her mud puddle…
- I tried using masking fluid on my piggy and didn’t wait for it to dry long enough and ripped my paper when I tried to take the masking fluid off.
- I messed up on the stamping… (Yes even with your misti if you forget to clean your stamps off you mess up from time to time…)
- I messed up on the coloring… But thought I would deal with it and then while I was thinking about it at work I decided I really wasn’t OK with it and needed to re-do it when I got home
- I finally got it good enough.
That was the short list of issues. I also was getting frustrated with the number of ovals I needed to cut and finally got smart and cut out more than 1 at a time (I still have 1 left over), I ripped the rectangle after cutting it at one point and I still don’t like the way the background looks.
Oh well, It’s good enough.
Paper: Stash, Gina K Designs Bubblegum Pink
Accessories: Hemptique Flamingo Brother Scan N Cut 2, Lawn Fawn Stiched rectangle dies.