I’m pretty sure this stamp started as a bride but I just turned her into a girl in a pretty dress.
This one is super simple.
1. I colored my lovely little lady. She’s one of the free images from these copic coloring books I have. I don’t remember what colors I used because I did it awhile ago but I wish I remembered how I did her hair because it looks like one of the best things I’ve done. Then I cut her out with my you guessed it SNC!!!
2. I cut the layering papers they are all form Crete Paper.
That’s it. This was by far the easiest card I’ve made in a while and a toal throw bak to when I started making cards and this was basically what all my cards looked like.
As I’m sure you’re all aware that a few weeks ago CHA 2016 happened. For those of you who might not know what CHA 2016 is here’s the scoop. Every January the Craft and Hobby association hosts this big mega show every January. Don’t worry I didn’t go. Believe me you’d know if I did. But at this show crafting companies can come out and show off there latest and greatest. I’ve been watching tons of videos over the last few weeks. At least 200 some videos! Probably more! So I’ve come up with a list of all the things I thought were super awesome!! The majority of the videos I watched and the one I took my notes on werre from scrapbook.com. They are listed in no particular order, other then the order that I watched the videos I guess.
- This first one a little out of the ordinary. It is the Minc Machine. Yes I know it’s not necessarily a new product but this year was the first time I had seen it. I actually watched a lot of videos on all the new Minc products. Here’s my thing I really couldn’t decide if I like it but I’m definitely intrigued by it. Particularly the mini one.
- Distress Marker Tin: Right now I don’t “need” this product. But while I still live at home right now I could end up moving out to follow a job basically at any point now so I’ve been doing a lot planning and dreaming about my future craft room for well even before moving out from my parents house was a real life possibility. I even have a pintrest board for ti! This is one of the storage things I think I would love to have in my craft room! I use mostly copics and Chamelon pens which you’ve seen and those are “my” 2 sets of markers all the other markers technically belong to my mom. I would love to end up with a set of other markers some day and this box would be perfect for them!
- Distress Mini Ink Pads Your probably looking at this video and being like um… this is from 2014… I know this is another of those new to me products. I’ve been picking up and putting back distress ink pads for years. I’ve only recently discovered the mini ones and they are definitely the motivation I needed to finally get some Distress Inks!
- Distress Crayons Is anyone really surprised this is on my list. I have to admit I watched a lot of videos on this before I decided that yes in fact I do want these. I’ve always liked coloring with crayons and am super intrigued by the smudging and water reactivity stuff. And he manged to convince me that they are really different from gelotos which I am not a fan of.
- Vintage Platinum Glitter Dust I DO NOT NEED THIS!!! I put this in all caps hoping this would actually discourage me from buying this I do not need anymore glitter but it’s so shiny!
- Cosmo Cricket Ressit Pen and Switch Sticks This is a 2 in 1 because it’s 2 products in one video. This is another one of those things that I think looks really cool but I’m not quite sure if I would actually use it.
- Lawn Fawn! I basically love everything Lawn Fawn has to offer this year so here’s a few videos actually. Let’s Polka in The Meadow, Perfectly Plaid , New Stamp sand Dies
- Rub on Pens This isn’t the best video of these but it’s the best I could find but I think these look awesome. I hate rub ons usually but I really thing I these could change the game for me.
- Thermoweb: They’re foiling products are really interesting particularly the ones that don’t need the heat to set them since I have nothing that will do that right now.
- Mint This is another one that should not be a surprise. I think everyone is really excited about this one. However I’m still slightly on the fence… Because I can cut clear stamps on my SNC… but I might see if my friend wants to go in with me on this one. Then she can keep it and use it and I’ll just borrow it from time to time :).
- Bella Blvd Zoo Crew collection: This one is just a special to me when I saw a video with the lady who designs for Bella Blvd and found out that it’s actually inspired by my local zoo!
- MISTI This should not be a surprise to anyone! I want a MISTI so bad!!
- Echo Park: There are quite a few paper collections by Echo Park that caught my eye they are the Carta Bella Designer Card Stock, Dots and Stripes, Dino Friends, Spring
- Doodlebug designs: You’ve probably see me using a lot of doodlebug designs paper lately and I’m still in love with their stuff this year it’s these collections Under the Sea, Garden Collection, Anchors Away
- Happy Planner Storage: I really don’t know if I would use this for planner storage… it actually just looks like an awesome bag!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this little trip through my favorites from CHA 2016! Do you have any favorites?
Back to another of my favorite things… Disney!!!
I kind of like that I didn’t do a traditional Mickey colored card. He really pops off on the brown and the dimensionals probably help to.
1. This is the other card I got out of the last white card stock base I cut.
2. I colored Mickey a long time ago he is colored with tombow markers.
3. Mickey was cut out on my SNC and so was the star.
3. I cut the layering papers with a 1/4′ border. The blue is from the stash, and the brown is from doodlebug desgins
4. I stamped the Hi! which is once again from the mystery stamp set.
Alright Friends we have another card! As much as I was struggling to come up with a boy card a few weeks ago now I’m on a role apparently!!
I still feel like it’s missing a little something… but I couldn’t find anything I liked when I made it. I just sorted through a bunch of stuff so I might have to go back through all that stuff and see if I can find something.
This one was real easy to make.
1. I cut a white card stock sheet in half to make the A2 size card.
2. I colored in Luca with Truck first. His hair, skin and pants are colored with copics. Everything else is colored with chameleons.
3.. The orange stripe paper is from Doodlebug designs cut to layer at 1/4′
4. Then the blue is from the stash and also cut to layer at 1/4′
5. Finally the Happy Birthday is from that mystery stamp set that was featured on my last card… (and the next few cards actually)
Today I have for you a nice little valentine day card.
I love La La’s have I mentioned that. I seriously think they might be my favorite stamp line. Of course little Heart Banner Marci is supper cute and I’m crazy jealous of her little pigtails. So I want to try and give you all a little more information on how I make my cards so lets see how this comes out.
1. I cut a sheet of Kraft card stock to make the card base. This is an A2 sized card.
2. I used a 6X6 paper pack by doodlebug designs for the red layer I cut it to have a 1/4′ layer off the card base.
3. Next up was a purple paper from the stash. I ran it through my cuttlebug with an embossing folder that I’m not sure the name of. Then I went over it with a white pigment ink that dried up after this and then I threw it out and now I can’t remember the name of cuz I forgot to write it down. (Distress Picket Fence here I come!)
4. Ok… I guess I actually did this first but it’s steps 4 and 5 now… Anyway I stamped Heart Banner Marci with My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink it’s whatever the black color is but I don’t know the name they gave it. Then I colored her up with a combination of my Chameleon pens and Copics. Her skin tone is chamelon NU1 and her shirt is chameleon V04, her hair is copic… I didn’t write down the colors and don’t have my markers next to me at the moment but I think it was a combo of E44, E35, and E33. Her dress is what I use as my denim blend which is B93.B95.B97 The hearts in the banner are R85 which is one of my favorite reds it’s also the color of her little hair ties. Her shoes are just the black copic marker. After I colored her in I went over the heart banner and her hair ties with clear wink of stella and red wink of stella. Then I cut her out on my SNC.
5. Next up I cut the heart out on my SNC. I think I cut it out with the width just about 2′ to fit the sentiment. I’m not sure where the sentiment is from but considering how long I’ve had it I’m thinking it’s either a fiskars set or maybe even inkadinkado but I really think it might be fiskars. I stamped that in Rhubarb Stalk Memento ink then went over that with the clear and red wink of stella. They didn’t show up well in the picture but in the bottom pointy part of the heart are 3 tiny little red bling dots from Want 2 Scrap.
I think that’s about it for this one. I’m really happy with how it came out.
I would like to enter the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create: 160 Anything Goes
- Lacy Sunshine: Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Freinds 26: Anything Goes
- Crafting When We Can: 111 Celebrating Any Occasion
Hi Everyone! I know I’ve disappeared over the weekend but I’m back with some great stuff to look forward to. So what was I up to? I worked 2 days last week which was awesome! Then I got wrapped up in some reading… I read 3 books in 4 days! But I’m back on the card making train again! But that’s not what we’re here for today.
So it’s been a week since the Get Organized Challenge officially started and I thought it was time for an update. Week 1 has been successfully completed. We had a few areas we knew we already wanted to go through and purge. And we can barely lift the purge box already!!! Now I know we’ll keep purging stuff as we go into the specific challenges but I have to say we’ve been doing pretty well!
Week 2 is paper… Which we sort of already did. My aunt moved away and gave us her paper racks since she was downsizing. Along with a whole bunch of other stuff. But when we got the paper racks we moved all the paper into them and followed Tiffany’s 4 section system. Then we got new flooring in the room where the paper racks are so we went through everything a second time! So we’re pretty much set for the paper challenge… We still have a few details to work through but it should be a pretty easy week!
As far as the other 2 challenges. I’ve earned $75 for stamp 2 spend which is awesome because Scrapbook Expo is coming up quick!! And I’ve been really good at the Use it challenge I’ve been doing really well with too. I’ve found myself using a lot of old or never before used stamps but I really think my Scan N Cut has helped with that. I used to these days where I would just color, color ,color and then fussy cut, fussy cut, fussy cut. But now I find that I’m a lot more likely to branch out because it’s so easy to cut on my SNC2!
I hope everyone else is doing well! This week I’ve got some cards, some of my thoughts on CHA 2016, and a big announcement!!
Hi! I have a fun card today.
I didn’t plan to send this card but once this monkey ended up on the card I knew it had to go to my monkey loving cousin! It’s actually a little smaller because the little monkey is tiny!
Ink:Memento Rich Coca and Chemelon Pens
Accessories: The Paper Studio Embossing Folder
Catch The Bug: Wild Thing
Hiding in my craft room 234 Embossing
i made another boy Birthday card actually it could go either way honestly.
I reall like how this one came out!
Stamp: Sparkle N Sprinkle
Ink: Chemelon Pens
Paper: Doodlebug Designs
Addicted to CAS 79 Cake
Good morning! I did another something different today!!!!
Gatefold card!!!! Ok… So not that different but still fun!
Stamps: I’m not sure where the sentiment is from… I found it in a random box in a random place…. The Dragonfly is from recollections though!
Ink: Memento Nautical Blue, chameleon pens
Accessories: ART Glitter Pumpkin
MFP Challenge 3 Gatefold Card
Sweet Stampin things with wings
My 2016 Crafty Resolutions… Your probably thinking it’s the middle of January Sam aren’t you a little late to the party? Well maybe… But there’s a reason. My mom and I are participating in the Totally-Tiffany Get Organized Challenge which starts today. My mom and I have decided it’s time to get organized! So were doing that plus a few challenges over at SCS. Namely Use it 2016 and S2S2016. I’ll try and post the occasional update here about how all the organizing goes.I wanted to share some of the plan with you. Keep me honest if you will.
For Stamp 2 Spend my mom and I agreed on “Prices” so every time we complete one of the activities we get to put so much money into a “Craft Budget” so here’s what we agreed upon.
5 Cards: $10
5 ATC: $1
1 Premium Item: $5
1 Challenge Entered: $1
1 Blog Post: $1
1 Gallery Upload: $1
Then for the Get Organized Challenge we had to come up with rewards for each week as well as the big benifits and this is what we came up with.
What we will have at the end of the challenge or the big benifits
- More Orginzed
- Able to Make More Cards
- More Time Crafting, Less Time Orginzing
- Easy to Find Items
- Always Know What We Have
Then the weekly rewards:
Week 1: Chesecake
Week 2: Visit to 2 of my not so local LSS
Week 3: Order from a stamping website we don’t useually order from
Week 4: Mani/Pedi Day
Week 5: New Outfits
Week 6: New copic case and some markers
Week 7: Out to a special resturant
Week 8: 1 or 2 craft classes.
We’ll see how this goes…